From: maxid@domain.elided [mailto:maxid@domain.elided]
Sent: Friday, July 12, 2002 11:45 AM
To: alfa@domain.elided
Cc: ARThorsey@domain.elided
Subject: Re: Alfa 164 (from V8 #910)

"Rich Thorsey"  asked "... If I pick up another 164 what do we know
about the ability

to obtain parts and repairs in the future?"

My 164 S is the first Alfa I have owned while living in the US. I bought
it two years ago right after the Fiat/GM deal which I naively thought
would make parts more available. My mechanic tells me that getting parts
through ARDONA (Alfa Romeo Dealers of North America, the official
source, located in FL) has gotten more difficult than ever. I don't know
whether they are gearing down because they think that they will be
replaced soon, or if it is just because the models we are talking about
are getting older and parts are hard to come by even in Europe. Fiat is
not doing well and the return of Alfa to the US in 2004 is in jeopardy.
If they return under GM's auspices, I hope GM will see the marketing
value in helping to keep pre-GM Alfas running.

In any case, you should definitely get another 164. They are great cars
and only rarely need parts.

Sonny 91 164S Baltimore