Re: A/C Retrofit

In a message dated 7/12/2002 12:25:02 AM Central Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 20:29:14 -0700
> From: "Timothy Leigh Rodgers" <timothy@domain.elided>
> Subject: air cond
>
> Has anyone tried to put air conditioning into an older car that didn't come
> with it?  I'm wondering if I could get a unit to work in my Giulia Super
> and
> what the hazards are.

You might start with a Google search for a/C suppliers and installers for
classic and hot rod cars.  I did such a search recently and found several,
here is one that seemed knowledgeable.  These kind of shops are used to
dealing with unusual applications.  It willprobably not be cheap...

http://www.vintageair.com/vintage.htm

The usual no financial interest disclaimers.....

Jerry in Houston