MGB/Spitfire -- they're all the same (fwd)

Back in the early 80s when I was in high school, my friend's dad spent
countless garage-hours on a Spitfire (the car, not the fighter plane). One
weekend the car was all prepped for a British car show "down in Monterey."  My

friend and I followed his dad in a 66 Galaxie. Sure enough, as if on cue, the
Spitfire's transmission blew up before out very eyes on Highway 1, a few miles

from San Francisco. We rented a tow-bar and then returned that British mess
back to the garage were it belonged.

Paul cuadra@domain.elided

95 LS 5-speed
97 Moto Guzzi Sport