RE: MG the Best Sports Car? Hardly!

I'll speak up also in the defense of LBCs (little British cars).  My GTV is the first Italian car that I've owned.  I've been into LBCs since they were new, and I sold a Volvo 1800ES sportwagon to buy the GTV.  Each car has its own strengths and deficiencies, but a unique and entertaining mix is the basis for each car's charm.  The GTV is delightfully light on its feet, precise and almost delicate in every way.  My TR4 is direct and extremely mechanical, with a roarty exhaust bark that still makes me smile.  My wife actually prefers the TR.

In my mind, there is no single "best" but rather a population of aging cars whose personalities reflect the values of their age and heritage in ways that continue to entertain us.

Dean Mericas
Ann Arbor, MI
1974 2000 GTV
1965 TR4