MGB - the greatest sportscar of all time?

My local newspaper is running an article next Friday in their "Wheels"
section titled "MGB - The Greatest Sportscar of All Time".  I've already
started composing a letter to the editor to rebut this absurd claim, but
would appreciate any additional ammunition my fellow digesters might be able
to provide.

So, let me have it - I need reasons why the Alfa Romeo Spider is a more
appropriate choice than the MGB for "The Greatest Sportscar of All Time"

Cheers,
Greg Stewart
Ottawa, Canada
1974 GTV