Re: alfa-digest V8 #896

This was just discussed a couple of weeks ago--I'm not a refrigeration expert, nor do I know what exactly "Q12" is, but it seems to me like hydrocarbon refrigerants (one was called "HC12") such as the propane/isobutane mixture, were cheap, effective, and environmentally friendly. Check out http://www.autocool-refrigerants.com. They call theirs ES12a. I think that's what I'm going to get.

--On Monday, July 8, 2002 8:51 AM -0400 alfa-digest <owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided> wrote:

Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2002 19:23:46 -0700
From: "karl doll" <karld@domain.elided>
Subject: Re: Has anyone heard of "Q12"

A mechanic at a local gas station says there is a product called "q12"
that is compatible with R12 (can be >used with) and is available at
regular auto stores to us civilians.  Anyone heard of or used this
product.  Sound
too good to be true.
Actually "Q12" is the new 2 cylinder coupe from Infiniti. I believe it is
a derivative of the Subaru 360 with leather seats and a premium sound
system. <g>

There are alot of R12 substitutes on the market. I would spend some
serious web-surfing time to look for reliable, long-term test results
before using any of them. Then I would go for it, given the cost of the
"real stuff."

Karl