RE: MGB - the greatest sportscar of all time?

When I was 16, I used to borrow my Dad's 1973 Volkswagen 412 with flat
four 1.7l engine.  I think it put out 70hp on a good day.  My buddy
bought a brand new MGB or more accurately, my buddy's Dad bought him the
MGB.  The first thing we did, of course was drag race the two cars.  I
used to beat him handily.  I think my 0-60 time was 14 seconds.

That MGB was the most patheticly handling, underpowered piece of junk.
I remember it had no synchros so when he downshifted without blipping
the throttle, the wheels would lock up.  That was 1973 about 18 years
after the invention of synchro-mesh transmission.