re: 115 GTV door moldings

>i'm working on installing the rubber door molding that runs completely
>around the perimeter of the door on the driver side.

>i don't need to tell anyone who's done it that it's a pain in the neck.

>does anyone have any suggestions on fitting this gasket properly?

Richard,
I did the pass side of my car about a year ago; the driver's gasket is still
awaiting install, because I haven't needed that much frustration since I did
the other one.  Well, that and IAP sent me 2 passenger side gaskets in my
original order, and waiting for the replacement to arrive didn't help my
motivation.

Trying to close the door with the gasket not fully installed seems like it
could prevent the door from closing easily.  I had to reposition the gasket in
the channels a couple times to get it to fit without coming up short in some
spots or too long in others, and the door wouldn't close well until I had it
right.  I started at the upper back corner, since it comes to a 90 degree
joint that can't really be fudged.

You don't mention if you replaced the metal channels that hold the gasket.  I
did, (I think I got them from Linea Rossa) and this caused my passenger gasket
to line up different than the original, with a 1/4 inch gap a couple inches
long at the back upper corner being the worst of it.  My intention is to pull
screws out of the channel, adjust the position of the channel to get the
gasket where it should be, and drill new holes  (ideally just in the channel,
not in the car body) where needed.  I looked at the possibility of adjusting
the position of the window, but that appears to be an even bigger PITA.

There may be a better way, and I hope someone offers it up because I'm not
exactly running to the garage to tackle this.

Tony
Portland, OR
70 2800CS