re: Engine pulling

I didn't post my response to the digest originally, I just sent it to Kevin,
but since I've not seen my solution to the tie rod issue I thought I'd throw
it out there -- who knows, it might prove helpful to someone else, or at least
it might rub someone the wrong way and start an interesting thread.

Since I had recently replaced the tie rod ends and didn't want to risk
damaging them, I just loosened the lock nuts and spun the tie rod center until
it dropped off both end joints.  If one were to measure the overall length of
the tie rod before doing this, you could probably put it back to gether close
enough to skip getting an alignment.  I was doing a bunch of other front end
work while the engine was out, so I didn't bother.  The alignment was $44.95,
so it was cheaper than a ball joint separator from IAP, and I have one from
Sears anyway...

Tony
Portland, OR
70 2800CS