re: Engine pulling

Most cars I have worked on also have the driveshaft bolts installed from
the front.  In the parts manuals for 1972-74 2000 and early 1600 cars all
the pictures of the driveshaft as a complete unit or "exploded" indicate
that that is the correct orientation for the giubo bolts.  Later cars may
be different.

Haven't seen the manuals, but is it because it's better that way, or because it's eaiser to draw that way? ;-)

I guess asking a master Alfa mechanic who's seen many cars both ways and perhaps noticed more problems with
them one way, might be an answer.. It PROBABLY dosen't make much difference.. but don't quote me..

Jon