Engine Pulling

Finally getting around to pulling the engine from my 86 spider to replace it
with the engine from the low mileage wreck that I stripped.
It's been a while since I pulled the engine from the wreck (slept since then),
but I did OK until I got under the car.  Two problems:

1.  Can't get the inner tie rod end to let go.  Tried every loaner tool that
Auto Zone had, none fit.  Beat the little devil with a pickle fork and BF
Hammer until I can't lift my arms anymore.  Tried BP Blaster several times,
letting soak until tomorrow.

2.  Can't get the guibo bolts out.  Manual said to remove the three bolts that
held the tranny to the guibo, then slide the shaft back and out of the way.
Yeah, right!  Got the three nuts off, however, I can't figure out how to get
the bolts out of the front.  They are too long to come all the way out without
hitting the tranny.  And the shaft didn't just slide back.

Anyone done this recently enough (or often enough) to understand my ramblings?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Kevin Smith
Nashville, TN
86 Spider