Re: alfa-digest V8 #877

In a message dated 06/28/2002 2:20:25 PM Central Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 11:07:39 EDT
> From: A79alfa@domain.elided
> Subject: Help with turn signal light on 79 spider
>
> Can anyone tell me how to tighten up the blinker "thing" that sits between
> the two pods on the dash. Mine just rattles around, and want to mess with
> and
> break it permanently. Thanks.
> Mike

       Those things are a bear.  I have had them off, but was not real
succesful at getting them back on.  I was thinking there are a couple of tabs
on the bottom that hold (or don't hold) it, but in feeling around on my 82
just now, there may be a bolt above the steering column where you cannot get
to it.
       Sorry I cannot be more help.  I need to pack to head for the Alfa
Convention this weekend or I would look at the dash I have out in my storage
building.

Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City