brake lines; more options

Hi Group:

There are a few more, perhaps better/easier, alternative solutions to
finding/making replacement Alfa (or any make, for that matter) brake lines.

First, if you're doing a restoration of the entire brake system, remove all
the old lines and send them to Classic Tube.  For a few hundred $ +/-,
they'll return a brand new set, as duplicates of your originals.  You might
also choose stainless steel, for a truly permanent set of
replacements.  For many cars, they have patterns and don't need your old lines.

http://www.classictube.com/

Second, buy some straight tube and bend new lines yourself.  It's very easy
after some practice, so buy some extra stock to waste.  I chose this method
two years ago for my Spider.  I removed all the old lines, bent up some
dupes and took them to a local hose supply place to have them flared.  Most
cities should have a place that sells hydraulic hoses for industrial
machines, trucks, aircraft, etc.  In Tampa, it was Amazon Hose Supply.  I
was charged something like $13 for all the ISO flares (perhaps 20) I
needed, done while I waited.

Regards,

Dean W. Cains
dwc@domain.elided