Re: brake/hydraulic lines

Two more cents on the subject of making brake lines.  I also have had positive experience with the Eastwood tool.  A
number of years ago when I installed an adjustable rear proportioning valve in my GTV6 for track events, I also
found that I could not find the pre-made pieces in the lengths that I desired. Maybe I'm too picky, but I wanted it
precisely plumbed.  Ten minutes of practice with the Easwood tool and every fitting thereafter was easy and
correct.  Those lines have never leaked a drop and have worked fine for many years and dozens of events

FWIW, I think a critical key for good flares is a perfectly smooth, even cut.  The line must be cut with a proper
roller type tubing cutter.  Any type of hacksaw cut is destined to bind on the tool and flare unevenly IMHO. I've
since made lines for several other cars as well and they've worked fine.  Your mileage may vary........

Gerry Lehmann
'86 GTV6