Re: Brake / hydraulic lines

[demime could not interpret encoding QUOTED-PRINTABLE
 - treating as plain text]
On Tue, 25 Jun 2002 15:53:36 -0700 alfacybersite <acs@domain.elided> wr=
ote:
> Ergo, I used the same system as Richard Welty suggests in both #'s 862
> and 863. And yes, I special ordered the 37 degree flaring tool as Alan
> Ward advised and did use Earl's (sorry) piddly-ass aluminum adapters.
> Piddly-ass in that if you tighten too much, they crack, don't tighten
> enough, they leak=97not to mention one's engine bay (primarily the brake
> MC) looks like fittings for a WWII submarine=97not to mention the Highly
> Unesthetic gross red (or were they ghastly blue?) anodized adapters.

interesting. i took the view that in brakes, you needed to stick with steel
because of the potential pressures, so i used the plated steel earl's bits
through out.

never had a single bit of trouble with any of it. the only alloy in there
is the adjustable proportioning valve for the rear brakes.

richard
--
Richard Welty                                         rwelty@domain.elided=
Averill Park Networking                                         518-573-759=