Re: 164LS (Super) Heater Control Valve(?)

methinks that our esteemed colleague, mr. dug seedin
has said that the heater always receives coolant, and
that flaps keep the hot air out.  alfabill recently
posted something about installing a shut off valve to
stop the flow.  that might work for most parts of the
world, but i needed my heat this morning.  crazy SF
weather...

karl, do you know if you have to get into the console
to replace the heater hoses?  i was thinking about
replacing all my hoses as part of the 120k service.

cheers,
ian lomax
san fran, ca