oil filter joy!

Like some others have mentioned, I never had to remove the air box from my
old Milano, when changing the filter. I just reached down there (when the
car was fairly cooled down....believe me I've tried it when it wasn't....)
and turned it off by hand. I never had to use a wrench, just had to push a
couple of coolant hoses out of the way (like was already mentioned)...and
then pushed the new filter down around the same hoses...which were usually
then slick with oil. I just hand tightened it, never had a problem.

Now, on my Sports Sedan, that was a different thing all together. I'm not
sure exactly WHY the previous owner torched out a large section under the
car...but there is a big chunk of metal missing, that would most likely have
made it hard to get at the filter from under the car. Its pretty easy to
reach now, with some slight body contortions (the yoga helps). I changed the
oil for the first time since I bought the car, about 4 months ago...I don't
know who in the world put that damn filter on, but it was ON there. I
resorted to the previously mentioned screw driver trick...and some
strategically placed words of encouragement (#%#@), not to mention bloodied
knuckles...filter is now on there, hand tight.

Separate issue...anyone see the grey Verde for sale in the parking lot at
the Palo Alto Concours? I'm really wishing I had a job right now....I want a
Verde again darn it! Anyone in the SF Bay Area know of companies hiring
customer service / NOC people?

Ted

HMB, CA
78 Alfetta Sedan