Re: used cats

> Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 00:17:16 -0400
> From: christian147@domain.elided
> Subject: Re: used cats
>
> >I will have the Autronic SMC which has closed loop and a wideband
> >sensor input, which I think is much better than many mid '90s
> motronic
> >EFI system.
> >I guess it would be kinda strange why an EFI
> >with a knock sensor, wideband O2 sensor input and a very high
> >resolution map capability
> Here is asn excellent example why it is not allowed.  To what CLV(
> calculated load value) do you allow the system to run closed loop?
> It is
> one of the programming parameters.  Manufactures suggestion is not
> more
> then 20%.  How much do you allow the loop to adjust the map values?
> Again programing parameter and suggestion is not more then 3%.  With
> Autronic, Haltec or EFI332 for that mater, the imputed fuel map is in
> effect a V.E. map.  What A/F ratio you try to maintain is probably
> going
> to  from the brake at high load and gas mileage and engine feel at
> low

Hi Chris,

I was referring to older EFIs (Jetronic, early motronic and SPICA
mechanical FI). Since you included part of my post, are you inferring
that the current L-Jetronic EFI on My Milano 3.0 with no EGR will be
better in handling emissions than the Autronic SMC ECU?

Zamani
http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com