Re: Alfa Romeo Brera

on 6/21/02 9:43 AM, alfa-digest at owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided wrote:

> Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 12:06:54 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Richard Welty <rwelty@domain.elided>
> Subject: Re[2]: Alfa RomeRo (?) Brera
>
> On Fri, 21 Jun 2002 08:59:33 -0400 "Weiss, Jeffrey" <jeffrey.weiss@domain.elided>
> wrote:
>> Of course it's an innocent mistake - I don't think anyone would
>> guess they did it intentionally.  The point is that it's
>> decidedly low-class for a prominent magazine to allow such a
>> foolish mistake to go through
>
> but why is anyone suprised? motor trend has been letting a mistake called
> the "car of the year" competion slide through for decades now.
>
> cheers,
> richard
> - --
> Richard Welty                                         rwelty@domain.elided
> Averill Park Networking                                         518-573-7592
> Unix, Linux, IP Network Engineering, Security

Motor Trend has been printing too much of their speculation as fact,
recently. They announced that the new Spider wasn't going happen because
Fiat hasn't the funds to develop it, the next week they mentioned on their
TV show that SAAB would have to find a new chassis for their new "supercar"
as they won't be able to get one from Alfa Romeo, now that Fiat's on the
skids. Of course, Fiat has subsequently announced that neither of these
things are true, and that Alfa development is proceeding full-speed-ahead
because Alfa is Fiat's only division that's doing well (and it would do even
better if they came back to the world's largest car market, North America).

It used to be called irresponsible journalism. I don't know what it its
called today except FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt).

George Graves