RE: KONIs, wear, etc.

Chris

Unfortunately, it is true.

"KONI's are adjustable, which means that you can influence the behavior of
the vehicle and optimise driving comfort and road holding qualities. It also
means that wear can be compensated and you will have a longer lifetime."

I think they got their English in a bit of twist there but the message comes
across.

It's clear from other sources I've read that KONIs were originally designed
to be adjustable to make up for wear. The tuning of handling appears to be a
welcome side-effect, especially in business terms.

Luckily KONI are better at dampers/shock absorbers than they are at English.

The Verde referred to is the Milano Verde, the only 3.0 75 sold in the US
and comparable to the 75 3.0 Cloverleaf in Europe (although I believe it may
be L-Jetronic instead of Motronic). I think it differs from the 3.0 QV in
Europe in both equipment levels and years of production, but I may be
corrected by someone else.

Semper ubi sub ubi.

nk