"Shock"ing subject

On the subject of Koni's, I have a set of well-used shocks in my car, and they
are yellow, so my assumption is that they are likely factory stock.  Yikes, on
an 18 year old car!  The previous owner did upgrade the springs to the red
sport versions, and I found a glovebox diary recpt showing the installation of
same.

I would like to put new shocks on the car, but I don't want go-cart stiffness.
I want cruise-comfy.  I don't plan to hang the back end out in curves, nor do
I plan to autocross.  Somewhere between Cadillac "where the hell did the road
go?" and Volvo "Damnit I paid too much money to feel the road like this"
responsive is what I am after.  What is the best choice of damper?  And always
being the price miser, I search for the best deals.  There are several Koni
reds offered on Ebay, and I would like to know if the Alfa Spider koni reds
are compatible with other vehicles.  There could be a set on Ebay right now
for a Triumph or other type vehicle that could also fit my 84 spider, and I
wouldn't know it.  If anyone has p/n's they could share, or suggestions on
p/n's for brands other than Koni's, I would sincerely appreciate it.  Being a
die-hard Volvo owner, I have become quite used to Boge's, and I am sure they
make a compatible part.

On another topic, the rich mixture problem is now in the hands of my mechanic.
It reached a point where I was spending money on guessing-game processes of
elimination, and figured it now best to leave it in his hands.  This, coming
from someone who usually says:  "If it ain't broke, tear it down and find out
what makes it work so well."

Greg
84 Spider Veloce