Steering Hub Nut

Hi Damian,
"Just a hair" under an inch is probably 24mm.  One other thought -- could the
car need an alignment?  After replacing all the end links and ball joints in
my GTV this winter, the wheel was off center by about 1/3 turn with exactly
the same travel (roughly 2 turns) to lock in each direction.  I thought I
would need to remove the wheel to center it.  When I took it in for alignment,
the tech was able to get it centered just right -- There were just so many
small errors in the rod lengths that it added up to the steering wheel being
in the wrong place.
Cheers,
Tony