From: Weiss, Jeffrey [mailto:jeffrey.weiss@domain.elided]
Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2002 10:43 AM
To: alfa@domain.elided
Subject: RE: GTV6 steering wheel removal

> ...put good load on the wheel, then give a mighty blow
>  to the center shaft w/ BFH, shock will pop the wheel free
> - 99% of the time, don't ask about the remaining 1%.

Why is it that steering wheels are always so hard to remove?
Seems to me there are other parts of a car/engine that are
under significantly more stress but come apart a lot more
easily and with more conventional easy-to-obtain tools.

Is there an evil steering wheel union out there or something?
--
jw