Re: alfa-digest V8 #830

on 6/17/02 10:23 PM, alfa-digest at owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided wrote:

> Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 23:55:21 EDT
> From: Againattempt@domain.elided
> Subject: GTV6 Door Key (Sigh...)
>
> I finally found the key blanks to fit the door and trunk (the long high
> security key) and am now currently in agony trying to find someone to cut
> them.  No dice on Spruell, Algar, IAP...as well as every local shop I can
> find within 50 miles...and Tony Demora promptly informed me that the last one
> he cut was in 1979....sooooooo...any and all help, suggestion, etc would be
> more than welcome....anything that is, other than telling me to buy new
> handles ;)
> TIA
>
> Ryan Mottice
> '84 GTV6

There is a place in Mountain View California which has the equipment and the
expertise to cut these keys (I know because I had a spare set made there
recently). Here is the info:

Mountain View Door Closer, Key and Lock Service, Inc.
171 Castro Street, Mountain View, CA 94041

1-(650)-968-3323
Http://www.mvlock.com