re: SPICA fuel cutoff microswitch replacement

Tony Simms wrote" ...you'll lose the uniqueness of Spica and the reliable,
no-fuss operation."

For every question to this list about carb problems, there are about 20 for
SPICA. If you live in a state where carbs are legal, why not set up the car
the way it was before emissions laws forced SPICA on US owners? Webers are
simple compared to SPICA. Both my cars have Webers and I have never needed to
touch them. They start first time, and are no fuss unless the temperature is
below 40 degrees. My 18 year old daughter uses the spider as a daily driver.
She loves it. If it was anything other than "reliable and no-fuss", she
wouldn't drive it.
The Euro manifold on the GTV is nicer looking than the Shankle setup on the
spider, but they are both effective.
Ed Prytherch, SC
79 spider
73 GTV.