Re: 1066 etc.

Tim Hancock sez he "wondered if any Brit would bring up '1066 and All That...'" It ain't just you guys, Tim - some of us colonials grew up on it, too. I even have a copy, and was just now trying to find it, 'cuz it seems to me that what it said about how the Britons responded to being called "weeny, weedy and weakly" was NOT with indignation
and pugnacity, but that they were so discouraged they just gave up. Of course, this was long before Bulldog Drummond and his ilk...(can you imagine one of their bards doing a patriotic poem about the Blue Man's Burden?)

Alfa content: y'all might remember that I was thinking that the Berlina might need higher-octane fuel than the Milano, as it was rattling noticeably whenever I gave it some boot at low RPMs. Well, just putting in a tankful of Arco Plus made an immediate difference, except then I noticed there seemed to be a different sort of clatter in there.
Checked the dipstick, which came up utterly dry. Oops. Went to Kragen and bought a couple gallon jugs of whatever 10/40 they sell in such containers, and it took just shy of 1 1/2 of them to hit the top mark...which means that I had about two quarts left in the system. In my (feeble) defense I must say that neither the temperature gauge nor the
oil-pressure gauge gave me more than the faintest hint of lubricant shortage; the temp was running about 3: high, and the OP was sagging at odd times, but I attributed all this to the much hotter weather we've been having. Learned MY lesson. So far, simply topping up the oil seems to have settled everything back to normal, clattery noises
included.

June issue of Classic and Sports Car has a nice if smallish article comparing three of the 105 GTs: a '64 Sprint GT, a 1750 and a 2000 (all three with Webers). There's also a fairly large sidebar piece on the GTA. Pretty much my favorite car magazine from anywhere, though awfully steep over here at $8.95 US - subscriptions aren't cheap, either,
but I guess it's time to bite that bullet...

Will Owen
'87 Milano Gold
'72 Berlina Bondo
(Coming soon) '71 Citroen DS21