Chroming suggestions

In #809 Robin Boyar asks: "I'd like to get some small pieces of my
Duetto rechromed (the side mirror, the two back trunk/boot plates, the
script, etc.)   Does anyone have any
recommendations?

"Also, this is a bit anal, but are the screws for the mirror and the
back
trunk/ boot plates chromed, too?"

*********

My comments fall under 'you / others might not have had these problems'.

Don't have mirrors rechromed. The chrome shop breaks the mirror,
disassembles, then chromes. This is how you get it back (unless they
lose everything like they did for my client's virtually unobtanium
Giulietta Spider's interior mirror).

There are several very nice aftermarket mirrors available for a fairly
reasonable price. Bite the bullet.

Not sure if they come with chromed sheet metal screws, but are available
at good hardware stores. Might want to consider stainless screws, but
generally need a good buff to make them look really shiny.

If you don't already, strongly suggest you have a pair of exterior
mirrors on your Duettounless the top is never up. Otherwise you'll be
moving to the right whilst driving purely by dead reckoning.

Ahem, I do sell Talbot Sport mirrors. They're beautifully made, stamped
Talbot, would be period correct for your car, but not inexpensive.
http://www.alfacybersite.com/ACSTalbo.html

Something to think about.

The rear trunk / boot plates are aluminum and can be polished (not
chromed) by a knowledgeable polisher. Otherwise you might get pretzels
back...if anything.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA