loud glasspack

I'm still living with a hole in the center muffler of my Spider that
isn't bad enough yet to bother me. Perhaps it accounts for
my air-headedness, though, who knows. Anyway, when the center muffler on
my Audi sedan went south, I put in a high-flow cat, a glasspack center
muffler, and then a Magnaflow for the rear exhaust. I didn't choose
this, I just went to a local hot-rod/race-prep shop and asked the owner
for his recommendation and then trusted him. And I'm glad I did! When I get
ready to re-do the muffler on my Spider (like, when I become a
millionaire), I will do the same thing for her -- I like the sound of the
Magnaflow THAT much. This system also gained me a little bit of
horsepower too, although I haven't dynoed the car so I don't know how
much. I'm just going by a "seat of the pants" interpretation of how the
car behaves under acceleration.

Everyone has their own taste, and with only one exception (the 911's
factory exhaust by Dansk) I prefer aftermarket to factory mufflers. So you
may not like the same combination I do. I guess I'd recommend that before
you drop any more money into your project (unless you can do the welding
yourself!), you should listen to as many sport muffler setups that you
can to find a combination you like.

I believe there's also the inexpensive option of putting on a second
glasspack.

Tess
Bellevue, WA USA