Original paint colour

Had my '71 GTV appraised today. The fellow who looked at the car noticed
that in a couple of areas where the paint is flaking (the rain gutters under
the hood and the black paint in the engine bay) there is a pea green surface
underneath.

I had always assumed that that was just metal colour, but looking at it
closely, it does kinda look like a painted surface. Made us both wonder if
the car had been green when new.

Question then is, how do I contact Alfa Romeo for the build date and colour
spec of my car when new? and/or does anyone know what we are seeing there.

Thanks,
--
James Cook
'71 GTV