Subject: Zbart treatment and rust

>It lived in the DC area for 3 years,  and was "Z-Barted" before to
>protect from snow and salt.
>
>Anyone know how well/not well this might protect a car?  Or, would your

I knew a fellow in Chicago named Dan Cloud who told the following story
about getting his Monte Carlo Z-barted. (Keeping in mind this is heresay,
and I may have one or two of the facts wrong....) The treatment cost him
several hundred dollars, they gave him something like a three or five-year
"no rust"  guaranty, and every panel on his car rusted through before the
end of the term of the guaranty, including the ROOF. He had to threaten to
sue Z-Bart before he could get them to do anything.

Z-Bart may be better than nothing, but it _probably_ depends a lot on who
did the work, how good his technique was, and all of that, and it's not as
good as staying out of the snow and salt.

All of the foregoing is stated as heresay and opinion.