Re: Disappearing coolant

Robert Wells wrote in ad v8 #793:

> The patient is a Milano Verde which is losing coolant at the rate of
> about 2 inches  down the coolant overflow bottle per 100 miles. All
> hoses, the coolant bottle and cap have been replaced. There is no sign of
> an external leak. A probe indicated CO2 in the exhaust and the conclusion
> was that there is a tiny breach in one of the head gaskets that is
> allowing coolant into the combustion chambers. There is no oil evident in
> the coolant. I have heard rumors of solutions for such cases that
> involved chemical sealants of some sort that were applied internally that
> would dam up a small breach. Any knowledge or suggestions would be
> appreciated as I would like to postpone the top end rebuild that is
> otherwise indicated to a more convenient time. Thanks, Robert WellsWoodside,
> Ca

Robert,

Is this a high mileage Milano Verde?

At 250-300,000 miles the V6 in my GTV6 started having a similar problem. It wasn't a
simple head gasket job that it needed, it required fresh(er) heads as the coolant
passages had eroded even though I'd used a mixture of distilled water and antifreeze
since buying the car new. Hope it's just a blown head gasket, for your sake. Any white
smoke comin' outa the tail-pipe?

'nardo
83 GTV6 with almost 400,000 (s)miles and gettin' the body/paint refreshed
Alpine, TX