From: <dsedon@domain.elided>
To: <alfa-digest@domain.elided>
Cc: <doug@domain.elided>; <cmsmith@domain.elided>; <mark@domain.elided>;
<mastro@domain.elided>; <alistair@domain.elided>; <mgs5@domain.elided>;
<gary@domain.elided>; <ksavage@domain.elided>
Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2002 11:52 AM
Subject: 164 update: do fries come w/that shake?

> hi all,
>
> tanks to everyone for their comments regarding the front-end shake of my
164. all i know is this - w/the clutch, trans input shaft bearing, & lower
ball-joints recently replaced, i'd hoped all the front-end demons wooda been
exorcised. well, the demons are obviously still there, otherwise, i wooda
never asked for help! :>)

> anyway, i was under the car yesterday w/my mechanic, a pry-bar & a wrench.
everyting seems tight - wheel-bearings, steering rack, motor-mounts,
suspension bushings, shocks. while i haven't yet checked the brake mc, i get
no shaking under braking, & the rotors looked great when the pads were
wery-recently replaced... i am gonna try rotating the tires, & rebalancing
the wheels; then i'm yust gonna drive it - dunno what else to do in the
meantime... mebbe whatever it is will get bad enuff to make itself
obvious...

http://shopnow.netscape.com/

http://webmail.netscape.com/