Bad CO reading on Cat 164 TS-Calling Eric Storhok

Eric..and any other knowlegeable Digesti

A British 164 TS owner(not me) has asked for help as his car has just failed
it MOT Pollution test marginally with the following figures.

1st fast idle test
Engine RPM 2450/2950 2681 Pass
CO % VOL. 0.30 0.36 Fail
HC PPM VOL. 200 49 Pass
Lambda 0.97/1.03 1.01 Pass

Natural idle test
Engine RPM 740/940 839 Pass
CO % VOL. 0.50 0.21 Pass

As you can see the allowed CO%limit is 0.30 and the car failed at 0.36. Not
knowing much about Cats I can't make a sensible suggestion, but the car is not
using excessive oil and has done 90,000 miles. It has been suggested he
changes his O2 sensor.

Do you have any ideas before he submits it for retest?

Tim Hancock   Boston UK

164TS Lusso

164 Super 24V