164 update: do fries come w/that shake?

hi all,

tanks to everyone for their comments regarding the front-end shake of my 164.  all i know is this - w/the clutch, trans input shaft bearing, & lower ball-joints recently replaced, i'd hoped all the front-end demons wooda been exorcised.  well, the demons are obviously still there, otherwise, i wooda never asked for help!  :>)

anyway, i was under the car yesterday w/my mechanic, a pry-bar & a wrench.  everyting seems tight - wheel-bearings, steering rack, motor-mounts, suspension bushings, shocks.  while i haven't yet checked the brake mc, i get no shaking under braking, & the rotors looked great when the pads were wery-recently replaced...  i am gonna try rotating the tires, & rebalancing the wheels; then i'm yust gonna drive it - dunno what else to do in the meantime...  mebbe whatever it is will get bad enuff to make itself obvious...

doug s.