RE: Euro 105 headlights

> I think the notion that European lights draw too much current for the
> switches, wires, etc. is a misconception.  Although I'd encourage
> everyone to install relays to protect their headlight switches, I've
<snip>

The problem, it seems, is that the switches might not be 'overloaded', but
that the useful life span with the stock 55w bulbs seems to be a relatively
short time - 50k miles worth of driving maybe?

Now when Alfas were sold here and spare parts were plentiful and cheap,
replacing the column switch every 50k miles was not such a big deal.  With
the switches becoming rare and expensive, it's more of a problem.

So I wouldn't install relays because you're going to 60w bulbs from 55w
bulbs, I'd install relays because even with the 55w bulbs the column switch
is over stressed.

bs