RE: 115 GTV headlight trim rings

> > [. . .]i can't get the left side to turn, either.
>
> Richard,
>
> Have you loosened the holding screws on the headlight
> retaining ring?
>
> I just went through this exercise on my 115 Spider.
> There are three small screws that fit through the
> slotted receivers in the headlight retaining ring.
> You need to loosen (but not remove!) them, especially
> if there's a lot of dirt and crud holding things
> together.

I think he's talking about the bayonet mount trim rings you need to remove
before you can get at the actual headlight retainers (which are held in
place with screws).

Richard, I'd try squirting something in and around the trim ring - WD40,
mystery oil, whatever.  A little bit of grunge can really lock those suckers
in there.

Those trim rings should come off with a firm grip and a twist, no tools
required.

bs