Re[3]: 115 GTV headlight trim rings

On Fri, 31 May 2002 18:18:55 -0400 (EDT) Richard Welty <rwelty@domain.elided> wrote:

> On Fri, 31 May 2002 13:59:37 -0700 (PDT) Scott Fisher
> <sfisher71@domain.elided> wrote:
> > --- Richard Welty <rwelty@domain.elided> wrote:
> > > ok, i need some suggestions.
> > >
> > > [. . .]i can't get the left side to turn, either.
>
> > Have you loosened the holding screws on the headlight
> > retaining ring?
>
> they're not accessible until i get the outer trim ring off.

ok, i finally wrestled the trim ring off without damaging it or the paint
or anything else nearby.

the headlight problem was what i had guessed; i hosed the connector with
contact cleaner, scraped things off, put them back together, and the
headlight lit up much more like what it was supposed to look like. that was
the last thing standing between this car and a new york state inspection
sticker.

now, can anyone tell me the _proper_ method for reinstalling the trim
rings? it's not the most obvious thing in the world.

richard