wheel size on spider

       I am running 7 x 15 Mustang GT wheels with 225 50 15 tires on my
lowered 82 spider.  The wheels fit the wheel wells nicely with the exact
offset to run the maximum sized tire.  I would recommend a 205 50 15 or a 205
55 15 as the maximum.  My 225 tires required rolling the fender lips flat and
a bit of massaging of the rub spots on the inner fender with a BFH.  I will
send you a photo off line.
       The Mustang wheels are quite heavy, but cheap.  The Mustang wheels do
require a bit of cutting / grinding on the inner lip to clear the stub ends
of the rear axles.
       The $2002 Alfa also has a set of Mustang wheels, the Mustang LX in
this case.  I hear they may try to find some lighter wheels for competition.
       The Mustang LX wheels look a bit like early Giulietta wheels with the
heart shaped openings on a phone dial style wheel.  The Mustang GT is a
turbine style.
       Panasport offers 7 x 15 wheels that might be lighter than the Ford
wheels.

Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City