Re: Removal of Spoiler on 164S/Q (and other glued trim)

In v8#768 Rich Lasner writes "Alfa used double stick tape to hold the ends of
the spoiler to the trunk lid. You have to carefully pry up one edge while
working a flat tool between the deck lid and the spoiler." I have never had
the spoiler problem, but have had several occasions to remove emblems attached
to Alfas with similar double-faced foam tape, and have found that 3M General
Purpose Adhesive Cleaner #08984 eliminates the need for a flat tool, at least
any tool more risky than a fingernail for pulling up on an edge while the
solvent wicks into the bond. Other solvents would probably do as well, but the
3m GPAC is made for the purpose and is known to be safe on cured paints.
(Don't know about the safe on cured fingernails, latex gloves are recommended
but I have not had problems avoiding skin contact.)

John H.