Looking for some advise on buying and Alfa !!

I'm looking for some tips etc on buying an Alfa.

1st one is .....
I saw a GTV-6 - mechanically it is in absolutely prime condition ...
visually it looks good but when you get close it has the usual rust bubbles
etc. now what I'm wondering is ...where are the bad rust areas to look at
and how do I tell how bad they are.
Where are the structural rust problems?
I'm going to have another good look at it because I didn't have much time -
what I did notice on my quickie tour was  ... just behind the right front
wheel behind the plastic rocker panel cover a hole I could put two fingers
in and quite a bit of rust flakes inside. Other places were on the (not sure
what to call it) cross piece that runs between the hood hinges ... another
is an area that could easily become a hole about the size of the drain plugs
in the spare tire well. Another weak area is on the front passenger wheel
well in the engine compartment.

So there it is about the rust now what would its value be ???

Engine, drivetrain(no grind), brakes, suspension, clutch, tires are perfect
(infact better - shankles, konis etc) absolute dream to drive.
Excellent Alpine stereo, 2nd set of rims with autocross tires on them in
excellent condition, interior has hole Approx 2x2 inches on the drives sear
adjacent to the door and back seat is faded from the sun on the top - dash
isn't cracked - AC doesn't work - all electrics work great. Wonderful car to
look at (couple of minor scratches in the paint but then brand new cars have
scratches too) paint is older but in excellent condition - just rust that
hasn't come thru yet.

2nd - What would I look for in a 164 - problem areas etc?

3rd - What do I look for in problem areas on a Milano ?

Thx for all your help which I know is forthcoming

Regards
Steve & Joyce
Adrian Michigan
79 Spider