Re: Gel cell batteries

The original Panasonic gel cell in my 90 Miata finally died last year, so I
replaced it with one from Westco ($79 free shipping). Interestingly enough,
you can not buy a gel cell from your Mazda dealers anymore, they replaced
it with a conventional one, I guess the gel cell costs too much?

I have had a Westco in my Giulietta for about 3 or 4 years now and it just
seem to hold its charge forever, like months at the time. If it gets
discharged, you can not fast charge it, it takes a couple of day to trickle
it.

I like Westco a lot and they are  cheaper than Optima.

         - Steve.