intake ducts

In a message dated 5/16/2002 11:24:27 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> I've not seen the set up on a Bosch Spider, but I have had umpteen Bosch
> injected cars so I can guess what it looks like.  Could you just drill a
> couple small holes through the overlapped parts (and maybe even through the
> clamp) and put a couple small sheet metal screws through them?  It's not a
> connection you have to separate all that often, and you still can use just
> one
> tool.

I don't think this would really work.  The reason it pops off (other than
detonations) is that it is too small.  If you tried to stretch it out and
lock it in place with a mechanical device, I am all but sure the material
would tear quite soon because it would be stretched beyond endurance, like an
Italian temper.

Charlie
LA, CA, USA