Shaky Speedometer (82 Spider)

      I replaced the speedometer in my 82 spider with an earlier 140 mph
unit.  It worked fine and was very accurate.  I then had my 85 mph
speedometer rebulit and converted to 140 by Palo Alto Speedometer
http://www.paspeedo.com/.  The cost was over $200 as I recall.  I should have
just painted the chrome trim around the early speedometer black to match the
interior of the 82.
      I also cut out the speedometer box near the steering and replaced the
two speedometer cables with a one piece earlier unit.  All the box does that
I can tell is turn on a warning light when so many miles are traveled.

Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City