Exhaust Transmission Mount on 105

All,

I was under my '71 GTV last night looking at the exhaust mount that ties
onto the transmission.  I have the brackets and new rubber bushings and can
see how it all goes together with the exception of one small detail.  The
rubber bushings have a hole in the center that a bolt goes through to tie
the two brackets together.  The bushings aren't symmetrical.  One face of
the bushing is flat and the other face of the bushing is tall.  Below is a
grossly exagerated ascii drawing of the bushing if it were laying on its
side.
   _____
_/          \_
|________|

When installed, which side faces the front of the car - the flat side or the
raised side?

My next question is - Does anyone use this transmission bracket for their
exhaust?

Cheers,
Lawrence
'71 GTV