Re: welding

i also agree with biba.  i was fortunate to receive a
free MIG welding class while at Chrysler.  it's great
fun and i learned enough to make passable welds, but
that was after two weeks of classes (20 hours of
practice?)  just setting up the welders takes
practice.

the final project was to weld a box using lap, butt
and corner welds using different thickness of steel.
the box was pressurized and submerged to check for
leaks.  mine leaked like the titanic.

but i still want a mig welder! ;-)

cheers,
ian "aspiring checkbook mechanic" lomax