Free Berlina, the kid will ride again

I thought I'd update all of you on my earlier post for help with my 17 year
old Daughter's dead Berlina (she tore off part of the oil pan and siezed the
motor.) Many of you were helpful with advice as to where to get a cheap
replacement motor but by far the best offer I got was from James Montebello
who offered us a complete Berlina for (drum roll please!) free. The only
problem was that the car was in the bay area and I'm  in Oceanside (a 900
mile trip). But I couldn't pass it up so this weekend Michelle (the 17 year
old) and I took the trusty Toyota Pickup ( I know, but its not an SUV and it
sure comes in handy for dragging things home) and headed up to retrieve the
doner car.
We spent the night at my longtime friend Andrew Watry's home in Berkeley,
which by the way is the center of the Alfa universe, there were at least 10
cool Alfa's in Andrew's immediate neighborhood + Norrman racing + a couple of
other Alfa shop not to mention Andrew's 4 Alfas and his incredible collection
of spares, man what a cool town!
We met James sunday morning, loaded the car on a U-haul car carrier and
dragged it home. So now I've got 2 Berlina's parked along the side of the
house, the only problem is the doner is actually in better shape then the
first car so what to do? A good problem I guess, maybe I need to look for
another motor and have 2 Berlina's?
Anyway, thanks again to all of you for advice, and thanks especially to James
for the free Berlina, the legend lives!

Jim Hart
Oceanside Ca
71 GTV