RE: Beretta

> I await the release of GM marketed Alfa's with considerable trepidation.
> After all, they totally screwed up the marketing of the Oldsmobile Aurora
> (starting with the name which is a total loser) which is only the best car
> GM produced in North America.
> Michael Smith
> Calgary, Alberta,Canada
> 91 Alfa 164L

I'm certainly with you in your trepidation about GM marketing Alfas in North
America. Did not Fiat already try to let Chrysler sell Alfas for them in the
early nineties? Was it not a monumental failure culminating with Fiat's
withdrawal of Alfa from the US market in 1995? Why would they think that the
General, another Detroit-based auto maker is going to be able to do any
better? After all, these big Detroit companies cross-pollinate each other at
the executive level so much that they probably have almost identical
corporate cultures and mindsets. After all, the new "Big Cheese" at GM this
year is Bob Lutz. Wasn't he the Big Kahuna at Chrysler when Alfa was being
mis-marketed by them? Could be that Fiat is setting Alfa up to make the same
mistake twice.

George Graves