starter questions

Your suspicions are true if the lights dim when igntion is switched on.  Take
the starter to a shop and have them test it, then rebuild as necessary.  My
1750 '71 spider did the same thing.  When I swapped out my parts car starter
it worked fine, except now I have discovered my previously posted ignition
switch problem.  On a side note, you will find a special bolt which must go
into the center flange when you re-install.  If you don't already have it,
get the owners workshop manual by Brooklands, and the factory owners manual
is also a wealth of information.