spider bearing growl

My 74 spider has a bearing growl I notice with the engine idling and the car
in neutral.  The sound goes away when the clutch pedal is pressed.  It also
appears while driving the car.  I guess its the throwout bearing and the
transmission has to come out to replace it.  The gearshift also vibrates
noticeable while driving so I will also be doing a driveshaft rebuild at the
same time.  My question is if there is anything else that I should address
while performing this maintenance?  And I notice that Rainer Hurtienne has
reasonably priced rebuilt driveshafts apparantly complete which might be an
easy swap.  Anybody tried this?

Jason Ritchie
74 Spider
Boise, Idaho