Re: L-Jet question

> Although at least one Digester has replied that this is normal, I don't
> believe that the GTV6 L-jet pump system should run continuously with the
> key
> on, but the engine not running.  In fact, the service manual talks about
> using a jumper to cause the pump to run, with the engine not running,  for
> L-jet fuel pressure diagnostic purposes.

Sorry, I should have made my answer more elaborate than the one-liner.  As
Joe Elliott pointed out, I did not specify under what conditions does the
system shut down the fuel pump.  In earlier GTV6's there was an intertia
switch that when activated (usually when the car is upside down), would
shut down the fuel pump and in all L-jet systems, the fuel pump would only
run when the microswitch in the AFM was off (the flap, when fully closed,
closed the switch).

Your pump should run continuously, however, as long as the engine is
running as long as you haven't gone belly up or the airflow stops flowing.

The pump should also stop running if you blow the fuse, or the fuel pump
relay (the one against the firewall) stop working ($90 from your Alfa
parts supplier).

Nizam